While browsing yahoo, I was saddened by the story I read about a lady who collapsed while eating a “bypass” burger. This situation is just getting out of control…….
Another ‘Heart Attack Grill’ Customer Collapses While Eating A ‘Bypass Burger’
No one can accuse The Heart Attack Grill of false advertising.
A woman collapsed into unconsciousness at the Las Vegas restaurant while eating a “double bypass burger,” drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette.
The unnamed customer was the second in just over two months to collapse at the restaurant while eating one of the famed burgers named after various forms of cardiac arrest. Back in February, another customer was caught on video being carted out by paramedics after suffering a heart attack while eating a “quadruple bypass” burger.
The Heart Attack Grill’s owner Jon Basso tells ABC News that the woman is currently recovering in the hospital. Basso told ABC that he himself has eaten at least one single bypass burger each day since his restaurant first opened seven years ago.
“It’s a lifestyle issue,” Basso said. “We attract the avant-garde of lifestyle seekers.”
The Heart Attack Grill offers free meals to any customer who weighs over 350 pounds and features a butterfat milkshake, nonfiltered cigarettes, “flatliner” fries and four burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of “a single bypass” to the “quadruple bypass.”
There’s a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant’s door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk. Waitresses in the restaurant even wear nurses’ uniforms.
Last year, the company’s 600-pound spokes-model died when he was only 29-years-old.
“It’s the Mecca for unhealthy lifestyles,” Bosso said.
Here’s my two cents about the situation:
- The owner claims he has eaten at least one single bypass burger each day?!!! Really!!???
- The woman was drinking a margarita and smoking a cigarette too?! Maybe the burger just put her over the edge.
- This restaurant servers colt 45?! Seriously! I haven’t seen a colt 45 referred to outside of the movie Friday.
- The company’s 600-pound spokes-model died last year. Mhmmm
- The Heart Attack Grill offers free meals to any customer who weighs over 350 pounds!! SMH!!