The other day I got a terrible, throbbing sinus headache. I stopped popping pain pills a while ago because of the negative side effects. My quest for a natural headache remedy hadn’t been very successful in the past so I scowered the internet looking for a natural headache cure when I stumbled across an article about the healing power of ginger root.
So, decided to put together my own headache curing concoction. I tried ginger and green tea with some cinnamon sticks. It kicked my headache’s butt! Ginger root has anti-inflammatory properties that can get rid of a headache in the same time as an pain pill and the antioxidants in green tea can help relieve pain as well. The cinnamon sticks are just for flavor.
It’s super simple to make.
- Organic ginger root
- All natural green tea (bags or loose leaf)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- Honey or agave nectar (optional)
- Rinse your ginger root with hot water
- Slice, dice or crush it
- Add your sliced ginger to hot water along with your cinnamon sticks and green tea bag or leaves
- Let it steep for 5 minutes
Drink and relax while your headache melts away!
- Shop for Gear and Products:Store
- Twitter: @SportyAfros
- Instagram: @SportyAfros & follow Alex @alexandriawill
- Google+: SportyAfros User
- Tumblr: SportyAfros
- Pinterst: SportyAfros