Hey! I completed my 4-week grain brain challenge’. If you missed the first part, you can catch up by click here.
Overview of Grain Brain Book
The devastating truth about the effects of wheat, sugar, and carbs on the brain, with a 30-day plan to achieve optimum health. The book discusses a lot about gluten sensitivity, and the effect of wheat and carbohydrates on the brain and body.
What I ate during the challenge
Here is an overview of the foods I ate during the challenge.
- Green smoothies
- Eggs, vegetables with cheese or salsa
- Fish, kale and goat cheese
- Glass of wine and 80% cocoa chocolate
Check out my recent Youtube Video on the challenge as I discuss the positives, negatives and my opinion on the challenge and book.
- Lost weight
- Increase energy
- Fairly simply to follow
- Not hungry
- Slight increase in clarity
- Size of some of the supplements
- Not having grains
- Grain withdrawals symptoms
- Analyzing for gluten/wheat in everything
- Beige eating after the challenge
I really enjoyed the book and the challenge. I will be incorporating many aspects into my daily life. Especially, the green smoothies and decreasing my carbohydrates, wheat and sugar intake.
Connect with Sporty Afros: