In a blink of an eye, it’s the first day of July. Can you believe 2013 has less than 5 months left? With the change of the season, I decided to start Dr. Oz’s 3 day detox on July 1st.
Follow me on instagram for daily updates
Many people have been raving about the detox and I figured I’d give it a shot.
The detox consists of 5 smoothies a day for 3 days. Blah! I like smoothies, shakes and juices but 72 hours with nothing but 3 types of smoothies was not going to cut it. (Plus, I am working out in the Texas heat. No beuno.)
So I altered the plan a little bit. Instead of 5 smoothies a day. I’ll have 2 smoothies and 3 juices every day.
Note: I study nutrition weekly and know my body. I adjusted this plan to fit me.
You can learn all about what I am doing in my most recent Youtube video. I explain all the changes that I made and how I prepared for the detox. It’s a little long, but I wanted to explain everything I was doing.
As I did my grocery shopping, I noticed several items I needed for the detox on sale.
You can follow me on instagram and twitter for live updates and photos of the journey. I made the hashtags #alexdetox so you can follow the complete journey.
Links mentioned in video
- Kombucha tea
- Vega Natural
- Echinacea and goldenseal
- Holy Tea
- Bulk Teas Purchased
- I-Prefro Shirt – I am wearing the Sporty Afros’ I Prefro Running shirt. Get yours today for 10% off using coupon code PREFRO.
- Shop for Gear and Products: http://sportyafros.com/store/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SportyAfros
- Twitter: @sportyafros
- Instagram: @SportyAfros or follow Alex @alexandriawill
- Tumblr: sportyafros.tumblr.com
- Pinterst: pinterest.com/sportyafros/
- Youtube: youtube.com/user/SportyAfros