If you’re anything like me then stress affects your work out. When I’m stressed out all I want to do is lay in my bed with a glass of wine and watch TV FOREVER…I guess that’s by way of checking out without being too counterproductive. When I feel like this, the last thing I want to do it go for a ________ (fill in the workout blank – run, swim, bike, etc.) For example, yesterday I was feeling pretty crappy, but I knew I had to get a run in especially since my run on Saturday was horrible. On my way to the Katy Trail I was thinking “Geez, I don’t feel like doing this”, “this sucks”, “maybe I can do it tomorrow”, etc. Ultimately, I made myself go. As I was running I turned on my trusty iPod. Usually I listen to my Beyonce and Black Eyed Peas playlist, but for some reason I was in a Jill Scott mood and started listening to her latest album. The first song is called Blessed. It talks about how she feels blessed by the little things in life, waking up, having a healthy child, etc. and how through all of the crap she goes through she has to remember that she’s extremely blessed. Naturally, I started thinking about my own situation and although some of the problems I’m facing are big, I’m still blessed. Then, like magic my run got better, as soon as I switched my mind from negative thoughts to positive thoughts. So maybe that’s the answer. When you’re feeling stressed and need to get a workout in try to switch your negative thoughts to positive ones. It works. After you’re done, all of the endorphins your body released from your workout session will kick in and you’ll be in a better mood for sure! Try it!
SportyAfros.com helps black women achieve optimal health by being the first site to connect the dots between hair care, exercise and nutrition. Sporty Afros has been featured on sites like Essence, Fox Sports, Black America and USA Triathlon. Co-founders Whitney Patterson and Alexandria Williams, named hair and fitness experts for "Today’s Active Black Women", keep busy with national speaking engagements, hosting workshops and expanding the first hair care line specifically tailored for active women.
- Don't Relax Go Natural - Natural Hairstyles Women Crave For | Headquarters for Hair on The Truth About Having BIG Natural Hair
- Boston Marathon Surviver’s Experience and Tips for Runners - Beauty Tips Around The World | Beauty Tips Around The World on Boston Marathon – Don’t Be Afraid to Run
- Boston Marathon Surviver’s Experience and Tips for Runners | Sporty Afros on Boston Marathon – Don’t Be Afraid to Run
- Alexandria on Seventy Year Old Annette Larkins Looks Forty on Raw Vegan Diet
- Alexandria on Hair Loss Prevention and Cures With Ayurveda