*Clapping!! WOOOHOOO!!! It’s over!!
So my GRIT by Brit 4-week SHRED Plan has come to and end I can proudly say…
- I lost 7 pounds and an inch or two in the waist
- I can fit into a dress I purchased in April and look good in it!
- Made it to see my 29th birthday!! Yay!
- I learned the key to being balanced. There’s a time to rest and a time to work hard!
- I made working out a priority by squeezing in workouts such as squats and taking the stairs when I couldn’t do a full workout routine.
Better yet, I’ve also learned 4 important things about myself, my fitness habits and my diet during the 4-week SHRED plan:
- Counting calories is key – NO guessing allowed! Counting calories helped me realize my weakness for bread. It also showed me I needed to decrease my snack intake like nuts and fruit (which is in high sugar) to a healthy daily amount. The Myfitnesspal app is my new best friend too!
- GRITbyBrit Ultimate Body Burn DVD is awesome. I pressed play and was determined to sweat it out. I burned tons of calories while working out and even more throughout the day. I love this DVD and will incorporate it into my regular workout routine. There are no excuses for not working out when you have this DVD.
- BURPEES. I can’t believe the GRITbyBrit Ultimate Body Burn DVD and The 4-week SHRED Plan had me doing burpees! Although I am still weak in this area, simply doing more than one is a major accomplishment. I pushed myself and could hear Brit’s voice pushing me too! Mission accomplished!!!!
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is an ongoing effort. I was able to see many different areas I needed to adjust and made plans to nix my bad habits. In terms of diet, it isn’t about being “raw” or “organic” but finding what works for you. For me, I realized I was a lazy vegetarian who was enjoying too many starches, nuts and processed soy products. My less than optimal eating habits illustrated my lack of critical minerals such as omega-3s. I’ve made several diet adjustments and they have paid off. While I’m not perfect, I have definitely made many strides and I am happy to see what I’ve accomplished. The end of the 4-week SHRED is just the beginning of even bigger, better and healthier things to come for me 🙂
You can catch up on my Four Week Shred Plan from the beginning below.