I’ve been training for my first marathon through out the summer and the heat has been brutal! I’m so excited for fall! Here are a few of my essential items:
Fall Running Gear
- Night light: It’s important to purchase a running light so that others can see you if you’e running in the evening hours. I really like the Nathan Strobe Light because it’s bright, small, lightweight and easily attaches to your running clothes.
- Garmin 210: Sometimes my phone batter is running low, so having a trusty GPS watch it important. It’s also a great way to to measure your pace and progress.
- Daily Moisturizing Cream: Natural hair tends to dry out after long workouts. I love using TGIN’s butter cream to help remoisturize my hair.
- Daily Moisturizing Spray: Before working out, make sure you add in a light daily moisturizing spray to keep your hair from feeling like a brillo afterwards.
- Vaseline: Vaseline is a runner’s best friend, it’s great for lips skin and even hair if you’re in a pinch.
- Honey Waffles: Honey stinger’s waffles are perfect, bite-sized snacks that give you energy to finish your long runs.
- Thorlo Experia Running Socks – For fall, I switch to thicker socks to keep my feet warm. These are lightweight, supportive and breathable socks with a awesome arch support.
- Spotify: If you are logging in tons of miles, you may need some tunes. I love, love, love Spotify. I can literally have thousands of songs at my finger tips.
- ½ Zip Long Sleeves: Since I am running outside by the lake a lot, I prefer running in 1/2 zip long sleeves so that I can regulate my body temperature if I become to hot or cold. The UA WOMEN’S qualifier ½ zip is one of my favorites because it has their awesome Moisture Transport System that wicks sweat.