I forgot to update you last week on my life and training. Here you go!
Workouts – Brick Days
I completed two Brick workouts and they were killer! I completed 40 minutes on the bike almost 20 minutes on the treadmill. I also created a new juice recipe that focused on fueling my body. Recipe: 1/2 cup of Beet juice, 1/3 cup of Kombucha and 1/3 cup of Coconut water.
Brick training is completing two disciplines during the same workout, one after the other with minimal or no interruption in between, just as you would do in a race.
Long Run – #FitFriends
Tawanna, Whitney and I went for a long run on Saturday. It was a beautiful day to be at the lake. Although I was scheduled for an 8 mile run, I completed the 9.5 mile loop around the lake. At the end, I switched from jogging to speed walking.
New Favorite Restaurant – Company Cafe
After the run, we went to Company Cafe. The restaurant offers natural, great-tasting comfort food with a healthy, organic twist. The restaurant is becoming my favorite place to eat after workouts. I had a Veggie RX, which is an open-faced three egg cage-free omelet layered with black beans and sautéed seasonal vegetables, served with a side oforganic salsa. Yummy!!
Motivation – Failure
I heard an awesome message at a networking event. This quote/story really stuck with me.
- I completed a 5-day juice detox/fast program. The plan is pretty simple. I can have liquids in any form (juice, water, milk, etc.) and one raw meal a day. I ended up having a salad during lunch everyday.
- I am becoming semi-obsessed with drinking Silk’s Pure Almond Dark Chocolate after working out.
- I was summoned for jury duty. I planned accordingly and brought lots of healthy snacks like a big cup full of fresh fruit.
- I found my favorite necklace over the weekend!
- I went to my first boxing class. It was brutal!
- Alex’s Weekly Updates and Training
- Healthy Eating, Fitness and Hair Care Tips While Traveling
- From Hairstyles to Spin Class – A Day In The Life of A Triathlete
Connect with Sporty Afros: