7 Tips to Achieve a Significant Weight Loss:
- Diet: The diet is the key to start losing weight because you can exercise every day but if you are eating the wrong foods your weight will not change much. Eat healthy meals at least three times a day and try to include a salad and some lean meats in your diet.
- Unnecessary Snacking: Eating a healthy snack 2-3 times a day in between your meals is fine, but snacking just for the sake of snacking is a no no. You have to be strategic about what you eat so that means cutting out the junk food temptation. My best piece of advice would be to get rid of all unhealthy foods in your house.
- Workout: You do not need to work out every day but engaging in some kind of daily physical activity will not only accelerate your weight loss, but it will improve your mood too! If you plan to hit the gym 3 days a week, try going for a walk on your non-workout out days. You can walk with your kids, spouse or even walk your dogs through the park. You need to break the habit of coming home from work and immediately vegging out in front of the TV and eating dinner.
- Intensity: When you do go to the gym you need to workout intensely. Barely breaking a sweat does nothing to help you lose weight. Try mixing it up – do twenty minutes on the treadmill, then 20 min on the bike and then 20 min on the elliptical trainer. This way you will get one hour of total body cardio which is ideal for weight loss.
- Variety: Keep your workouts fun it fun – at least once a week try something different like kick boxing, outdoor running, outdoor biking or swimming. This keeps your workouts interesting while working different muscle groups.
- Weights: Just because you are trying to burn fat doesn’t mean you should abandon weight training. In reality, weight training will not bulk you up. Muscle burns fat, so building muscles will only accelerate your weight loss.
- Goals: Have small targets every two weeks instead of one big weight loss target. It makes reaching your overall weight loss goal seem more achievable.