Christmas season is finally here. For some, it can be an exciting time, but for others it can be stressful. Before the family arrives and you’re are slaving over a stove, make sure to schedule some “me” time to combat the stressful holiday season. Reducing stress is a vital and important part of being healthy.
I created a simple, affordable and natural mud face mask. This mud mask can cost anywhere from $30-$60 a session at many high-end health spas. If you can’t make it to the spa, you can turn your house into a mini spa for a fraction of the cost.
DIY: Affordable & Natural Mud Face Mask Using Rhassoul Clay
Ingredients for Mud Mask
- 1/2 TBS – Rhassoul clay or Red Clay
- 1 TBS : Indian Healing Clay (Bentonite Clay)
- 2-4 TBS: Water
- 2 slices of cucumbers
- Optional: 1 TBS gylcerin for extra moisture OR 1 TBS Bragg’s ACV for those with oily skin
- Mix all items together with finger, plastic or wood utensil to make a paste. (Do not use metal utensils as metal interferes with the clay’s natural healing properties.)
- Apply evenly on entire face except the eyes and lips
- Lay down and place sliced cucumbers on eyes for at least 10 minutes.
- After relaxing, remove face mask by putting a warm towel full of steam on your face for a few minutes. This will loosen up the mud. Do this two to three times and then wipe off.
- If mud is still on your face, use a gentle cleansing soap to lather and remove.
- Apply your favorite night time moisture on your face to re-hydrate.
You can purchase Rhassoul Clay on Amazon or some local health food stores.
Since I have been stuck in the house, it was a great time to do mud mask. If you are really trying to relax , I recommend hanging out by a fireplace or lighting few of your favorite candles to enhance the relating ambiance. I am a huge fan of Bronx Naturals custom candles.
Connect with Sporty Afros