It’s been awhile since I did a Sporty Afros recap. We have been having a blast meeting so many of you all at a variety of different events around the city.
Urban League of Dallas – Young Professionals Conference Recap
Whitney and I were featured panelists at the Urban League of Dallas Young Professional’s conference. The Keynote speaker, Desirée Rogers, former Social Secretary for the Obama White House and now CEO of Johnson Publishing, was beyond FABULOUS!
During our panel , we were tasked to discus one of our favorite books “Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead” by Sheryl Sandberg, our professional lives as well as running our own business. We were so honored to be a part of the panel. It gave us the opportunity to talk about how to balance it all. We don’t have it together 100% of the time but we do what we can and continue to focus on our goals.
ASK SPORTY AFROS
We launched our new You Tube series called #AskSportyAfros. Since we receive tons of emails, tweets and questions for advice, we figured this would be a perfect way to share our answers and help others who maybe dealing with similar issues. Want to know more about the #AskSportyAfros segment? Check out our You Tube channel.
Wicked Wine Run
Wicked Wine Run Race Review
The wicked wine run is a great fun run for every one. It’s a great evening to spend with friends, taste a variety of wines and obviously run or walk a 5K. If you are thinking about signing up, here are a few tips to help you prepare.
- There are a lot of rolling hills so use those buns hun!
- It’s a trail run so there’s a lot of dust, sand, rocks so adjust your running strategy
- Wineries are full of greenery and tall tress so wear bright colors so you stand out
- If your allergies are bad or insects tends to eat you up, prepare your body before hand
- Be sure to bring a lawn chair, picnic blanket, jug of water, cash and glow sticks
- It’s a family friendly event so run/walk with your kids and get the family involved!
Here are a few other photos from the race:
Whitney with the “party glasses” on. Party like a Rockstar!
Umm, the band at the @wickedwinerun started jammin some Ginuwine. I had to get up in the front and dance. Whaaa!! #FitFun
The band at the @wickedwinerun started jammin some Ginuwine, thus Whitney was front and center on the dance floor.
Great way to end a run. Cheers!
We are headed out to Oklahoma City next weekend so we have a few other recaps coming your way! Stay tuned.
- Store: http://bit.ly/X6XepR
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SportyAfros
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/sportyafros
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/sportyafros
- Instagram Alex https://www.instagram.com/alexandriawill
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/+Sportyafroshealth
- Tumblr: https://www.sportyafros.tumblr.com
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/sportyafros/