Do you find yourself wanting to indulge and eat your favorite foods during the holidays? Me too, but I always look for ways to create healthier versions of my favorite recipes. The other day I whipped up some simple yet delicious cinnamon pancakes that are less than 100 calories!
Here is a look at what I did
Directions – Low Fat 100 Calorie Cinnamon Pancakes
Mix flour, baking soda, eggs beaters and milk into a bowl.
Using Silk Pure Almond® almondmilk helps keep this recipe from going over the 100 calorie mark. Here is why I choose to use it
- provides 50% more calcium than a glass of dairy milk.1
- is an excellent source of antioxidant vitamin E, supplying 50% of the recommended daily value in an 8-ounce serving.
- provides as much vitamin D as dairy milk: 25% of the recommended daily value.2
- a great source of vitamin B12, providing 50% of the recommended daily value in an 8-ounce serving.
- contains saturated fat in Silk Pure Almond almondmilk.
- And is … cholesterol-free, soy-free, dairy-free, lactose-free and completely vegan.
Silk also has a number of other items such as soy milk and PureAlmond chocolate milk. Check out more on Silk’s website.
Add remaining ingredients and stir evenly.
Add 1.3 cup of batter to greased pan
Flip pancake once small bubbles start to form on non-cooking side
Garnish with fresh fruit, powered sugar or your favorite sugar free syrup. Enjoy!
|Amount Per serving 1 pancake (1/3 cup)|
Makes 8 pancakes
Disclaimer: FitFluential LLC compensated me for this sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Make sure you keep up with us via…
- Twitter: @sportyafros
- Instagram: alexandriawill
- Tumblr: sportyafros.tumblr.com
- Pinterst: pinterest.com/sportyafros/
- Youtube: youtube.com/user/SportyAfros