If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve already seen the picture of the yummy shrimp spring rolls I posted earlier this week.
I got the bright idea to make these after I picked up some at Whole Foods. They were delicious, light and seemed pretty simple to make.
- 1 – 2 stalks of romaine lettuce ( you can also buy shredded lettuce if you want, but I don’t trust lettuce in a bag anymore)
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/2 pound of cooked wild shrimp
- 1 package of rice paper wrappers
- 4 tbs of peanut sauce ( or your favorite Asian sauce or dressing)
- Dip one piece of rice paper wrapper in warm water to soften it up.
Place your wet rice paper wrapper on a flat surface, fill it with a little lettuce, carrot and 3 – 4 shrimp. Then, fold it over once so all of the ingredients are secure, next fold in both sides and finish rolling it.
- It takes a minute to get the hang of rolling them. Check out this video at the 4:55 mark for a demonstration.
- Repeat step 2 until you’ve used all of your ingredients. That’s it!
The version I made is really basic, but you can add whatever you want in yours. Next time around, I’m going to add some bean sprouts and green onion. Yum!
Check us out!
- Shop for Gear and Products: Store
- Twitter: @SportyAfros
- Instagram: @SportyAfros & follow Alex @alexandriawill
- Google+: SportyAfros User
- Tumblr: SportyAfros
- Pinterst: SportyAfros