Although the holidays are finally over, I find myself craving all sorts of holiday treats. I was browsing through Trader Joe’s and I had a sweet -tooth-epiphany moment! I decided to create a mint cherry chocolate chip smoothie. All of my holiday favorites in a portable drink!
- 1 cup of raw spinach
- 1 cup of Silk Pure Almond vanilla almond milk or Silk Vanilla Soy Milk
- ½ cup of frozen cherries
- ¼ dark chocolate chips
- 8-10 few mint leaves
- All ingredients to blender.
- Garnish with cherries and mint.
- Taste, enjoy and repeat.
I wish you all could taste the screen. This smoothie is creamy and should be a sin. It’s a great alternative to the chocolate chip frappuccinos from coffee shops. I originally used Silk Pure Almond milk and then made it again with Silk Soy milk. Using Silk Pure Almond almond milk saves almost 100 calories instead of using regular whole milk.
- Using Silk Soy Milk meant the smoothie was creamier.
- Save almost 50 extra calories for using to Silk Pure Almond milk instead of Silk Soy milk
- Decrease sugar and calorie count by using Silk Pure Almond dark chocolate milk (If you do this then cut the chocolate chip count in half and increase the cherries and spinach as desired.)
|Amount Per serving||12 oz|
*Calories based on using Silk Soy Milk