If you’ve followed us for any amount of time, you know we’re Chipotle junkies. Neither one of us eat fast food so Chipole is like our McDonald’s, except they serve real food.
On numerous occasions, I’ve tried to recreate my vegetarian bowl from chipotle at home with no success. I get close, but the flavors are always slightly off. Well, I nailed the recipe for their corn salsa thanks to HowSweetEats.com. It came out amazing! Check it out.
- 1 12-ounce bag of frozen sweet yellow corn, defrosted and drained
- 2 medium-sized jalapenos, seeded and chopped (leave in some seeds for more heat if desired)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, torn or chopped
- the juice of 2 (juicy!) limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix, mix, mix.
Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Add more cilantro, jalapeno or lime according to your taste!