Healthy Eating Tips, Recipes and Suggestions for the Independence Day
Before you kick up your feet and indulge for independence day, take a look at our tips to have a healthy July 4th weekend.
July 4th Healthy Eating Tips, Recipes and Suggestions
- Don’t forget to protect your skin with sunscreen and aloe vera
- Stay hydrated
- Take a walk by the lake or play in the pool like a kid to burn calories effortlessly
- Wear hats and summer scarves to protect your hair from the sun’s harmful rays
- Swap processed carbs and high-sugar foods for veggies, salads and organic fruits
- BBQ is great but don’t overcook the food. Coat the meat and the grill with oil to ensure great flavor, but avoid potential carcinogens.
- Apply natural repellents to ensure mosquitoes won’t make a meal out of you. If you don’t mind the smell, an easy DIY recipe is to apply vinegar or soybean oil onto your skin.
- Thank our men and women who serve our country. (and their families for the support!)
Eating Tips an Healthy Recipes
- Sporty Afros’ Memorial Day Recap
- Great Meal for the Weekend – 30mins
- Healthier Junk Food
- Make Sure Celebrations Include Healthy Choices
- Bethenny’s Spicy Chipotle Dip
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Spicy Skinnygirl Margarita
- Chipotle’s Corn Salsa Recipe
- Monisha’s Skinny cupcakes
Beef Satay Skewers
Recipe: Beef Satay Skewers courtesy of Bethany show
Wasabi Tuna Sliders
Recipe: Wasabi Tuna Slides courtesy of Bethany show
Note: I love gluten-free buns for sliders!
Check out these healthy unbelievably simple, healthy appetizers!
- Hummus plates
- Shredded chicken BBQ sliders
- Sandwich wraps
- Flatbread pizza