It’s a great style to wear but taking care of it while working out can be frustrating. Here is my step-by-step routine for taking care of coily blown out hair while working out.
- Before working out, flat twist your hair into 5 – 6 sections (like cornrows) and secure your ends bobby pins.
Here are a few workouts to try
- Grit by Brit’s 10 Minute Abs and Thighs Workout Video
- Workout Mondays – Perfect Workout For the Gym
- Check out our workout library
- Immediately mist hair with G+ spray.
- Allow hair to dry completely while taking a shower and getting dressed. If hair is still lightly damp, use a ceramic hair dryer to dry hair thoroughly. I love this one.
- Add 2-3 drops of Ayurvedic oil to one hand, pat together and take down your flat twists.
- After taking down hair, finger comb, shape your fro.
Here is a step-by-step look of me working out and styling my hair.
Note: My hair is roughly 3-4 days old in this photo. I experienced a bit of shrinkage.
There you go!
Connect with Sporty Afros:
- Shop for Gear and Products: http://bit.ly/X6XepR
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SportyAfros
- Twitter: @sportyafros
- Instagram: @SportyAfros or follow Alex @alexandriawill
- Tumblr: sportyafros.tumblr.com
- Pinterst: pinterest.com/sportyafros/
- Youtube: youtube.com/user/SportyAfros